Seeking enthusiastic plant people and crafters for seasonal help!
Oakland Green Interiors provides interior holiday décor (trees! garlands! wreaths! arrangements!) to homes, professional buildings, and offices around central Ohio. We're looking for creative, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic individuals to help build and install trees, garlands, wreaths, and more in the months and weeks leading up to mid-December.
This is a part time, seasonal position with work indoors and outdoors. This job requires some evening (occasionally to 6 or 7pm, depending on how busy we are) and weekend work in November, specifically: Friday, November 26 (day after Thanksgiving), Saturdays: November 13, 20, 27, December 4, and Sunday: November 14.
Our season hits hard and fast, and we're looking for team members who are willing to jump in, take direction, work hard, and have fun.
Holiday Decorators/Installers will:
- Work with our Holiday Designers to help decorate holiday trees/garlands/etc. based on instruction (gluing and assembling ornaments, making bows, assembling faux trees, and prepping various materials for installation)
- Be the on-site "creative" with our installation team to finish assembling and perfecting projects while on-site at private homes/offices/businesses
- Help price and organize incoming holiday inventory and décor as it reaches our warehouse
- Use faux and live materials to create garlands, fireplace mantle pieces, and wreaths
- Be comfortable going up and down ladders
- Carry 20-40 lbs (lift, carry wreaths, artificial trees)
- Keep install kits organized and stocked with supplies as needed
- Leave an installation knowing it looks perfect and upholds Oakland's Holiday standards!
- Have an artistic background with an eye for details
- Are excellent communicators, with the ability to relay important project information to multiple teams/people
- Can act in a professional and discreet manner in private offices and residences
- Can work efficiently and cleanly, leaving a site as clean as found
- Can follow directions and work independently from a written work order
- Are creative and can be problem solvers (what do you do on-site when you're out of ornament wire?)
- Love the challenge of multitasking! Have a positive attitude and are enthusiastic about helping people create beautiful spaces for the holidays!
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour, depending on experience and skill set
Send resumes/cover letters to: email@example.com